Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Review tibits- a vegetarian restaurant, London


A blogger friend  of mine Mina of Authentic Vegetarian recipes  and I  recently had an invitation to visit tibits a vegetarian restaurant in Heddon Street, London.The restaurant serves breakfasts, lunch ,dinners and also food on the go such as soups, sandwiches and pastries. Located in a prime position in central London it is the perfect place for a lunch stop during a shopping day out in London or for that light dinner before a theatre visit.

The restaurant hosts an informal atmosphere, with a no reservation policy. Tables are dotted around a central  food boat which has a large variety of cold and hot dishes and mouth watering desserts. The  meals are self serve buffet style where you are charged for the weight of the food on your plate.On offer, at the bar there are a a variety of alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks, teas and coffees. I was particularly impressed that each and every dish was labelled showing its suitability for vegetarians and vegans .(V=vegan,O=egg,L=lacto,N=nuts,G=gluten)


During our visit, I enjoyed the refreshing  palate cleansing cocktail which was made from fruit juices, fennel and ginger , followed by the passion fruit lemonade. tibits menu are seasonal ,the summer menu on offer had a variety of salads and hot dishes .I tried  the dried green bean salad, the tofu and carrot salad and also the quinoa with bean salad all were delicious. I also enjoyed the the stuffed jalapeños  with date and tomato chutney which was superb, I wish I had asked for the recipe.

The main course was equally good, the plain rice accompanied with the spinach cooked in saffron sauce and the  papaya curry was unusual , I had never considered  these combination of ingredients before but I was pleasantly surprised at the mild   and delicate creamy texture of them.
Having tried so many wonderful dishes making room for dessert was very difficult, but no meal is complete with out dessert and  the passion fruit cheese cake and the sticky toffee pudding were so inviting I just had to have a try.....Needless to say they were mouthwatering.
Thankyou to tibits for inviting us,the dining experience was indeed a pleasant one, the restaurant is a haven for vegetarians and vegans and those who enjoy a healthy eating life style.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! perfect timing. I have family traveling to London, I was trying to find some place for them to get Indian food.Thanks for this info.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really is a hidden gem in London.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely post of the restaurant food looks wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am making a note to myself so I can remember to drop by tibits one of these days. I am a frustrated vegetarian and it will do me good to eat out and enjoy a hearty vegetarian meal.


    Utensils and Gadgets UK

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails