Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Real Food Festival Visit.



My visit to the Real Food Festival was amazing. There were over 400 of Britain’s best food producers exhibiting their produce. The numerous stalls were made up of organic fruits and vegetables, fresh meats, cheeses, homemade chutneys, pickles and mouth water stalls offering home made pies and pasties. There was an opportunity to watch demonstrations from celebrity chefs, try hands on experience at bread making, attend cheese making workshops and even make your own teabag amongst other things. There was even a chance to have a close encounter with the sheep and chickens.


There were glorious creamy and rich home made ice creams and yoghurts and sorbets made from fresh buffalo milk and vegan products too. Flavours like passion fruit and mango, butterscotch and caramel, toffee fudge and clotted cream ice cream were just a few to name. All teased and tickled my palate as I was spoilt for choice as to what to sample.

On display were freshly baked breads of all sizes styles and flavours, a wonderful treat to the eyes. Of course there was an array of fresh made organic cheeses of wonderful combination of flavours to compliment the tasty bread. .

I particularly liked the Organic home made chocolate and I had my first taste of chilli chocolate which was really beyond my expectation of what I had imagined it to taste like.

The choice of wonderful aromatic oils was superb.Each having its own aroma  and  fragrance.

There were cupcakes galore each one beautifully hand decorated to perfection, vibrant, and colourful and each exquisite in its own way both in flavour and decoration.


Buns, cakes not forgetting the macaroons were temptingly delicious and were shouting at me to sampled .


I particularly liked sampling all the multinational cuisines from India, Mexico, Jamaica, Italy and Portugal especially the array of fiery, red and piquant chilli sauces which blew your head off with the heat but were amazing.

 Home brewed Beers and wines were next to be sampled and I must say being a tea totallers I did not sample any although judging by the buzz around these stalls I can definitely say they must have been awesome.

Next was the fantastic chilled fruit juices made using organic fruits I sampled. There is nothing that beats the taste of additive free juices that taste natural sweet and refreshing. I was amazed at the unusual combinations such as apple and beetroot and pear with ginger.  I definitely added them to my shopping basket.

With so much processed foods, genetically modified produce and foods that are saturating our supermarket shelves.It is wonderful to know that there are still  sustainably and ethically home produced organic foods  still available to purchase. Its all thanks to festivals like this and farmers markets that help to bring these natural foods to us.

Four hours later, laden with purchases, happy, and relaxed I finally made my way home tired but exited that I had visited the Real Food Festival. I certainly can't wait to return to it again Next Year.

5 comments:

  1. Wow thats great..and thanks a lot for my tickets.....i am on my way to update my visit experience in my blog ...really it was very nice..

    ReplyDelete
  2. First time here...u have nice space and really inspirational stuff... I'll be back soon.

    find more here

    ReplyDelete
  3. The food festival looked amazing - I will have to go to one!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails