Pages

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Fruit and Vegetable Carving ~ Melon Basket

Having completed  my 6th lesson in my carving class and I have progressed to melon carving.  I am pleased to say that my fingers have not occured any cuts this week and my carving skills are slightly improving.
My first attempt at the melon basket is simple and it is very basic compared to the intricate details that can be carved , however  even simple carving gives the melon a new dimension.
Simple flowers and leaf patterns  using lattice work gives a  very elegant look to  these melon baskets making them  wonderful centre pieces for a dinner party or  dessert table .They can be filled with fresh berries, melon balls of seasonal fruit.


Since I  have posted about my carving classes here and here, I have had many enquiries about  the books that I have purchased and the tools.
I am posting here some helpful links for purchasing books, basic tools and also links to u tube videos  that are fairly good for learning fruit and vegetable classes in your own home.



I hope to continue next year  and most certainly I will  continue to utilize my few found interest and the skills it has taught me in my food presentation. It is a skill worth mastering.
I certainly hope that reading about my carving interest has encouraged some of my blogger friends to try this wonderful skill, do drop me a line if you do.


You may like:
Vegetable carving 1
Vegetable carving 2

Submitting to:
Create n Carve  ~ Fruit and Veg event by simply.food , hosted by Mina


If you are in UK you can buy knives from here
You may  also purchase knives and books by clicking on these amazon links below.

25 comments:

  1. wow!!..u've got talent Nayna..it looks wonderful and professional!...even the design is so intricate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoa !!! you rock, simply amazing and mind blowing work dear. Congrats !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting the link Nayna. Beautiful you are really talented.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Nayna,

    That looks smashing dear...Havent tried carving on fruits!!Have carved only teeth!!:)

    Dr.Sameena@

    http://www.myeasytocookrecipes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The designs are so intricate...Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Looksv wonderful and great work dear:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good job! Please share more of your works, they are nice and made with love

    ReplyDelete
  8. Melon basket looks sooo cute,awesome and very catchy..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the detailed work on melon ...Very well done Nanya. U r becoming an expert on carving :-)

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Melon Basket Looks so Cute!!!! So nice of you to share the links!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nayna,

    The basket is simply lovely!

    Looking forward to seeing carved fruit and veg in all your blog posts!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this surely needs lot of talent and patience too!! good job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very beautiful!!!! U r very talented & surely dedicated.... They are all awesome pieces of admiration..... :)

    Ash....
    (http://asha-oceanichope.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really feel short of words to define the magic n beauty of ur wonderful carvings.... Amazing , awesome are too smaller a words to define these divine carved beauties !!! Great work !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow grt dear. need talent and patience for this. lovelyyyy

    ReplyDelete
  16. That basket is simply fabulous! All your carvings so far look very pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails