Pages

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Update on my fruit and vegetable classes.


I posted about my experiences of the first couple of weeks of my classes here. I am pleased to say that I am enjoying the classes tremendously and my knife skills and manual dexterity is definitely improving.

Weeks 3-4 and I have progressed to slightly more intricate carrot / vegetable carvings such as detailed flowers and leaves.




I also attempted some simple garnishes to dress a salad .There is so much more to learn and I am really getting into this carving hobby.

Its amazing what a transformation can take place in an ordinary salad with just  one or two simply carved carved vegetables.
Week 5 -6 and I have been taught simple melon carvings. I will post photos of them in my next update
Having completed 6 classes I have booked for more in January, until than I guess I will continue practising as they say practice makes perfect. 

25 comments:

  1. They really are fab Nayna.

    How long to they all take?

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow..looks very very artistic Nayna..Great job...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gurl .... the vegetable carvings look soo cute :) Great work !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow Nayna..u r becoming a professional!...love the carrots..actually love all...they look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks so beautiful dear... really amazing....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice carving. colorful.. must need lots of patience right.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your vegetable carvings are beautiful. It must be an interesting class to attend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can see you are enjoying your new hobby classes. keep practicing dear

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woww would love to learn fruits & veggies cravings, u r soo lucky dear,loved that carrot flower..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very very impressive. Looks so artistic. Good job keep it going.

    ReplyDelete
  11. those are so beautiful....keep going!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's beautiful.. I always like vegetable carving and you have done a stupendous job.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow! you are so talented! Looks awesome.
    Nutan

    ReplyDelete
  14. My goodness,wat an art...my first visit to ur blog....wonderful..
    I am ur follower now.......

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails